Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Two Little Red Hens Bakery in NYC New York

I came to Two Little Red Hens bakery on the Upper East Side in search of New York City's best cheesecake.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

So glad that I did.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

Two Little Red Hens is a quaint, small mom and pop type of shop. Seating is limited (and there is no bathroom for customers). The baking aromas from the back kitchen, wood and bricks, and cheery voices inside made the small space feel very warm and welcoming.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

I was very curious as to why the owners called their bakery the cute Two Little Red Hens, but the shop had a long line the whole time I was there. Everyone was so busy, I didn't have the chance to speak with the owners.

Two-Little -Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

My slice of Two Little Red Hens' classic plain New York cheesecake.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

The cheesecake had a beautiful brown sheen on the top.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

The brown skin was slightly firm. The whole cake had a slight bounce. The cheesecake had a light creamy texture and parts of it felt fluffy. Subtly cheesy, slightly sweet and just a little tart in one well balanced slice. The creamy cheese sat on a buttery crumbly base made with Graham cracker crumbs.

This was one of the best cheesecakes that I have ever tasted.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York

Next time, Two Little Red Hens' very famous red velvet cupcakes.

Two-Little-Red-Hens-Bakery-NYC-New-York
 
This was the best shot I could get of Two Little Red Hens' shopfront ;-p


I couldn't get a frontal shot of the shop due to the ongoing subway construction under 2nd Avenue.


Restaurant name: Two Little Red Hens

Address1652 2nd Avenue, NYC New York
Maphttp://bit.ly/2LittleRedHens
Hours: 7:30 am to 9:00 pm

Date visited: 17 Dec 2014


Return to Johor Kaki homepage.

1 comment:

  1. I spent quite a few afternoons snacking in here. I miss my old neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published